Sign in to follow this  
floraiN

Your experience with infected/ratted tools on our forum

Hey,

how is your experience with infected tools or tools that are placed with a RAT. Do you think these threads get deleted/checked fast enough or do you feel like this is something we need to address?

Are there daily threads that you are reporting as infected or does this only happen once a week?

Let me know your feedback and if needed I'll work something out to deal with such threads accordingly and more efficiently.

Thanks!

I rarely find these infected tools, however it would be great if you can get to the ASAP so others won't get infected.

Delete a thread if too many people report it as infected

Well I've downloaded around 10 programs on this forum and 6/10 have either a bitcoin miner or rat in them so I definitely think you need to address the issue.

Make a guide to see if the given program / tools is infected, before opening it :) 

Sandboxie / VM / RDP or whatever you could use :) 

Hmu if you need a guide, i can make one :)

I have found multiple rats and people usally ignore my warnings that they are viruses

Yeah bunch of plebs comes and post some rats claiming that they are checker, and memebers just start downloading and running them on their PC, I think we should have a dedicated team to take care of these toolsa team where the members are allowed to delete any thread if they're sure that it contains a rat/infection, maybe there will be a little warning in the thread if it's still unchecked by the team saying that the tool may be infected so you could wait for a "Desinfector" to review it if once they do they may report it as 'clean' or they could remove the thread as it contain a virus.

from what I've seen, generally the rats are taken care of pretty quickly. But here's a few ideas anyway.

- Enforce programs to be checked by a Disenfector before the thread is made public

- Enforce users to post at least two online Anti-Virus checkers before their thread is public (example)

I also don't see any information about Disenfectors on the site yet, maybe you could open applications to users who have VPS's and can test all programs?

Pretty much yes, you're doing a good job

I haven't noticed too much of them, although every once and awhile someone will fall victim to it.

Perhaps something could be implemented to check the files.

I didn't notice any infected files ;/

Same here I'm always getting ratted when staff are offline.

So far not yet, i guess i'm lucky but I don't have an anti virus installed just anti-malware

close this ?

I got rat 1 time, i opened a tool without sb because of my bad, but as i saw 2-3 days later the tool was still on site, and it had some comments from leechers.