Sign in to follow this  
floraiN

Shoutbox Removal?

Removing the shoutbox?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Removing the shoutbox?

• Yeah, I could enjoy my time here without the shoutbox.
    • No, the shoutbox is necessary!

LEAVE A VOTE IN THE POLL ABOVE

Users,

we used community votes already for the new profiles and I'd like to hear your opinion (or just your vote) whether you wanna keep the shoutbox or if you wouldn't mind it being completely removed.

The current shoutbox was not made for such a large forum (in terms of online users at the same time) that Cracked has become. To keep the overall performance stable we need to rewrite the whole shoutbox and using different, slightly more complex techniques. This would take a lot of time and is not going to happen today or tomorrow.

However before we run in such a big project let me know what you think. The new shoutbox could have a channel system (marketplace) as well, that should be no problem. It's just a question if thats really needed for our community.

Leave a simple vote in the poll or leave an extra post here with your feedback. I appreciate it!

remove :pepo:

No shoutbox = more post activity.

No shoutbox could also be less activity (as in posting).

Perhaps give it a weekend try run, see how it goes for 2 days?

Don't remove I haven't been here for long but I feel that the shoutbox is good, I enjoy chatting with other members there and it sometimes provides useful information.

Make a Discord Inspired Shoutbox, with Side channels, Bots, Emotes, Gifs, Ect...... To remove completely would be dumb in My opinion.

Users,

we used community votes already for the new profiles and I'd like to hear your opinion (or just your vote) whether you wanna keep the shoutbox or if you wouldn't mind it being completely removed.

The current shoutbox was not made for such a large forum (in terms of online users at the same time) that Cracked has become. To keep the overall performance stable we need to rewrite the whole shoutbox and using different, slightly more complex techniques. This would take a lot of time and is not going to happen today or tomorrow.

However before we run in such a big project let me know what you think. The new shoutbox could have a channel system (marketplace) as well, that should be no problem. It's just a question if thats really needed for our community.

Leave a simple vote in the poll or leave an extra post here with your feedback. I appreciate it!

Yes maybe but i think we use the shoutbox to ask question and see new thread so it's not a bad idea but the shoutbox is helpful too so ...

Make a Discord Inspired Shoutbox, with Side channels, Bots, Emotes, Gifs, Ect...... To remove completely would be dumb in My opinion.

Not a bad idea but it maybe already exist ?

I voted against removing but at the same time I think it would up the posting game, though the SB would be missed and cried about for days.

Users,

Oh no :monkas:

• Like 1

Users,

yall deleted the discord bcz it as killing the sb and now u wana delete sb

(ik that discord wasnt mainly deleted bcz of sb  but some bart of it had to do with the SB )

Removing the sb would be the dumbest thing fucking ever.

It cures boredom and the best moments happen on there :pepe:

Shoutbox is life,

I'm new here, and it really surprised me to see a shoutbox. I remember being in some forums back in the day where they had them.

I think it adds a fast way to communicate, maybe for more social and friendly chatter.

But again, I'm new, just bringing that perspective.

Aprils fools is on the 1st. Not the 26th of March :smart:

nel perrro no lo quiten esa cool viva la mota wei :v :kek:

Actually people are here not just to post stuff or leech some back.

Rather they, at least me, are present here to make new friends and spend some time, removal of SB would be a very dumb action. For me, it will decrease my online time from 3 hours a day to 10 minutes a day.

Please don't do it.

No Shoutbox = More Posting

NO Shoutbox = Less Responsibilies

I mainly come to c.to to socialize and make friends, if theres no shoutbox I would just leave because theres no point, I don't come here to leech/post as much.

I mainly come to c.to to socialize and make friends, if theres no shoutbox I would just leave because theres no point, I don't come here to leech/post as much.

Yeah I understand hopefully we keep the Shoutbox

Shoutbox is the easiest and fastest way to communicate each other.

I don't think it is NECESSARY, especially when you see the messages in it.

Don't remove this

I think shoutbox make websites unique and allow for a more engaged community.

Without shoutbox, i will spend less time on the site after i finish viewing threads.

Come on flroain, i think you already know the community's answer.

No

Dude shoutbox is the reason i live. Why you bully me

I think by removing shoutbox the forum will not be as entertaining and fun as before.

Thanks for your votes regarding this poll. I decided to remove the shoutbox