Sign in to follow this  
floraiN

10k Members Special Event

Hi,

as you know we are close to 10k Members. After a little calculation I guess we will pass 10k members in about 14 days. Enough time to prepare something special since this is one of the most special milestone a forum can reach (after 100k members of course).

So drop some cool ideas and let's prepare something cool for our community.

What I got so far and what is already in work:

A special award that is granted with a 5% chance of every post a user makes. So basically a special award that is limited and only obtainable 24 hours after we hit 10k members. It will be pure luck, but people will talk about the award and I'll make sure it's something special.

More ideas?

Perhaps try also swing the event in our favour, make it only grant for a new thread under (if possible) a specific section say cracking leaks. The awards need to be good though, something that looks unique & that people really want to own. Sorta like the effect trusted has on people who want it. I do believe it should be limited to threads oppose to posts, makes it more prestigious and not as easy to get even if the percentage has to be increased. Might also be a nice idea to increase the amount of credits gotten for a new post over the 24 hour span, just an extra little incentive.

I agree with Royals. The award should only be given when posting new threads in certain sections. Otherwise you will probably end up with quite a lot of leechers that obtained the award and that would make the people who actually contribute feel less special I would say. This way the award stays HQ and people are more likely to contribute.

We could maybe also add that referalls give u a chance to obtain the award? So for each thread you post you are eligable for the award and for each referall as well?

Furthermore I think a simple supreme giveaway would also be nice or something like that.

Still thinking for other ideas

Not sure if what I suggest is over-rewarding..- Lucky Draw

Create a new section just for this

Lets say during that period we set like requirement to enter the lucky draw

-> 10-20 threads of contributed content / cracking leaks as per mentioned by Royals (during that period)

-> No spams like 1 account per thread etc ( can be further elaborated to your likings)

-> 10 unique referrals (more or less you can decide) -> non-botted / multi account

-> Write a troll story/incident about their life in the application of that new section

Afterwards posts in that section with all the links (their application)

Names will be placed in random.org (for those who meets the requirement)

First Prize -> Infinity (previous round hype day was prem , thus we shuld use infinity for this prize)

Second Prize -> 3K credits

Third Prize -> 1K credits

Participants who met the requirements but did not win the Lucky Draw will be awarded 500 credits.

Not sure if this is makeable , but rewards can also be like a “coin-toss pass”. Let me explain how this idea is like

-> this pass allows for the person to play additional rounds of coin toss

-> the person should be immune to losses / but rewarded for the correct flip

——-> what this means is that essentially , if the pass entitles 5 tosses , if the person hits the correct side -> awarded credits , if the person hits the wrong one -> does not minus credits but still takes up 1/5 of the tosses

Not sure if my ideas are good or not but this is smth I came up with.. Hope it doesnt suck