Sign in to follow this  
Server

Best guide to stealing from local stores without getting caught!

This is a re-post because I posted this on the wrong section.

A store in a large chain, has plenty of money to spare - in fact, most stores have money set aside specifically for the case of theft. It's like they're giving you the OK to steal shit from them.

Part 1: Easy targets

You'll want to go for a small grocery/convenience store, especially if you're a newb. Big, highly successful supermarket chains like Wal-Mart are not good places to start out. Rather, you should try something more akin to Kroger, Food Lion, or Dollar General. Small pharmacy stores and gas station markets, however, can be quite tricky to steal from, as they are usually small enough to give employees a view of the entire store, and they usually watch the cameras there. The only time I've ever been caught (excluding when I got snitched on, but I probably won't get to that later) was at a Rite-Aid because someone was watching the cameras. Or maybe because the friend I was with said something retarded very loudly. Doesn't matter much at this point.

Part 2: Scoping out security

You'll want to look around for cameras, alarms, and the like before making your move. Get familiar with the environment, especially if you plan on hitting the place often. Look for blind spots where the cameras can't see you (though they may not even watch the cameras), and check to see if there are alarms by the doors. It helps if there are multiple exits, and it really helps if one or more of those exits is out of the employees' vision. Also be aware that at places similar to Wal-Mart (including Wal-Mart itself) they most likely hire fake shoppers to walk around and scout out thieves. This most likely won't be the case at your local grocery store.

Part 3: Acting cool and avoiding suspicion

The way you talk and your body language are important if you want to keep suspicion low. The best way to avoid suspicion is to be extroverted and talk to people with high self-confidence. If you pass someone and give them a shady glance, that image will get stuck in their head - but if you pass someone, say "what's up"/"excuse me" or whatever they'll either be a socially detached asshole (which most of the people on this forum are anyway), or say "how you doin"/"It's OK"/some other shit. As some guy who took a criminal justice class once told me, people are far more likely to remember an unpleasant encounter than they are to remember a friendly one.

Some small pointers for not arousing suspicion as you do your thing:

Walk at a normal pace - the exclusion to this rule is if someone is onto you, and you escape their line of sight. In this case, walk quickly to get away, exit the store, round the corner, and when no one can see you, run like fuck and then hide.

Look straight ahead of you, don't look at the ground - not only do you need to have full concentration on what's going on around you, but more people will notice you if you're staring at the floor. The key is to blend in with the crowd, ie. do what everyone else does so they see you as just another guy in the store, instead of viewing you differently than everyone else.

Don't cross your arms or put your hands in your pockets - same as before, it makes you look suspicious.

Part 4: Small, cheap items

These are items you can simply walk out the door with. It's easy enough. You may or may not have to slip the item into your pocket. If you do have to slip the item into your pocket, look both ways to make sure no one is looking (or even in the same aisle as you, to be extra-cautious; they can turn around at exactly the wrong moment you know) and quickly grab the shit and slip it in there. Walk off and act normal. I'll list off some common items and give you an easy method for scoring it, or similar items.

Lighters

Walk up to an unattended cash register line and grab a pack of lighters from the wall-thingy. Make sure no one sees you, of course, especially if it's a small store. The smaller the store, the higher the chance of getting caught, as crazy as it may sound. The bigger the store is, the more customers employees will have to deal with. Walk calmly to a blind spot with it, holding it as though you plan on buying it, but try to hide it with your body. Ideally, no one will see you carry it. Employees and vigilant customers may get suspicious if they see the item you're carrying mysteriously disappear (trust me - I know).

Energy/soft drinks

These can sometimes be found at the front of the store, near the registers. Usually, I don't give a flip who sees me. Just take one, walk toward the back of the store, and make your way through the back until you're across from the least-guarded exit. Just walk out with it in your hand. If they ask, you bought it. If they give you shit, tell them to suck your dick. Your mom just called and told you to come home, and you're not getting grounded for some douchebag wannabe-hero assfucker. This should be a good enough excuse to avoid a search, even with cops (though with cops you probably wanna be the biggest suck-up possible, as terrible as that sounds, because they will throw you to the ground and beat you if they feel like it - never underestimate what assholes cops are).

Anything else small enough to fit in your pocket

Look to see if people are there, if so, browse around and act like you're looking for something, if not, slip it in your pocket and walk off. Simple.

Part 5: Bigger, more expensive shit

You have a higher chance of getting caught stealing this stuff, but the payoff is usually bigger. You might have to remove tags or take the shit out of the package to avoid setting the alarm off, or just to get it out of the store safely. Your best bet in a case like this is to take the item into the bathroom and stripping off all packaging and tags. Here are some nice things you can get by doing this, and the tips to go along with them:

Cough syrup/pills

This shit will fuck you up (in the bad way if it contains acetaminophen, which you should completely avoid, as it causes liver damage), and is relatively easy to sell to most druggies. Just sneak it into the bathroom stall, make sure no one else is in the bathroom (opening the package is sometimes noisy), and remove all packaging. And by all packaging, I mean ALL packaging. If it's a bottle, remove the measurement cup and white strip around the top. With no packaging, it's easier to say you bought it from a different store if you get caught. Bury the packaging in the garbage or flush it down the toilet.

DPH pills (benadryl/unisom)

Same method as above, but harder

-Server

Fortnite related btw LUL