Just want to check because i am learning it right now

Meh I assume C is better.

C/C++ is much complicated and need a lot of time as far as i know

C/C++ is much complicated and need a lot of time as far as i know

If you get the hang of it, it'll be worth while.

Yes, Python it's always worth to learn and it's a growing language.

yh go for python

No go for VB or C# then move into C++

Guest Skryptec

No go for VB or C# then move into C++

I'd suggest to do C# instead of Visual Basic.

I ain't a pro but many many people recommend learning python first because it's a friendly language, and for what I've done until now (which I'm proud of my conversation bot kek) it's really nice and it's definitely worth learning.

You should definitely give it a try ;)

I heard from a programmer that it is a good language to learn now, because it cuts out alot of unecessary coding or phrases... ( i dont know anything about coding and would like to learn myself)

It has always been a big discussion if it's worth to learn language X. Individual preferences which every developer has (more or less), make this even harder. In my experience it has proven to work with different technologys, so that you can rate them yourself instead of only relying on other oppionions. There are better and worser technologys. The key is to see what's a general benefit and what is only a preference. Liking white or black chocolate is a preference while it's a fact that too much chocolate isn't healthy, regardeless of the color.

In general, you should choose the best tool for the job if you want to implement a project. Without knowing the purpose, we can't exactly rate python. Maybe you just want to learn developing without special target (sounds like you do), then there's no really wrong choice. They key is to know programming and it's concept. Then the tools are "only" about the efficienty and quality of our product.

Compare this to a palett of dosages that got delivered: You can store each can indiviudally by hand in the storage. Or use a forklift truck. Both solve our problem, but the second one will be much faster and less error-prone.

Python has a nice syntax in which you don't have to write much, unlike c++. And you can code faster. So yes go for it.

If you just want to make a quick, simply checker, then python is great at doing that

Python is worth it for the simplicity, though i'd say C# is probably IMO the better language you'd want to move onto.

• Like 1

Go for Python and then move on. It's a starting point <3

Python is #1 programming language to learn now with a very active community and alot of tuts out there to accelerate your skill.

Yes, you can use Python for scripts, web apps, game development, have mvc frameworks, and run really faster than php, ruby, etc.

Python was my starting point, since I have started studying. I would say it is important to learn as it has been around since 1991?

Definitely. A good book to learn python is "Think python". Recommended by advanced python devs I know.

yup, start with python and go from there

Yes its super ez

While all these other devs are recommending C# and VB I **strongly** do not recommend you learn these two powerful and all around amazing languages if you are just starting out. Python is absolutely the best beginner language out there and I 100% recommend you begin with it before moving too C# and VB. Good luck anyways, and if you have like any questions at all I would love to help you out just shoot me a message!

If you want to just do it