Sign in to follow this  
nopeAZU

Leech hide System

Dear Stuff,

Please make a system that does not show the download with high warning level.

[align=center]I really love this forum very much but the thing I hate the most are leechers!

[/align]

#makeCTOleechfree

:fiesta:

+1  :fiesta: :fiesta: :fiesta:

+   :smart:

Hey @devFlo

I'm reading a lot regarding leechers, how to stop them quicker, how to prevent content getting leeched, etc. - let me clarify a few things to that topic.

Leechers are important and makes a community healthy - until a certain point. At least a community that focuses on sharing knowledge, tutorials, accounts, leaks and those kind of things. And Cracked.to is such a community that is living from that kind of content. If there wouldn't be leechers, there wouldn't be users who would like to share their stuff. Why? Because if no one replies or gives you recognation, it makes spending time on creating threads pointless. Would you create thread if no one reads them? I don't think so.

Here's what we do: we are giving warnings points if someone crosses a certain post/thread ratio or doesn't have any threads (contributions) at all. Why? Because we are linking to our anti-leeching page, which is a structured and detailed page where we explain what a leechers is and what a user can do to change his posting behavior. Instead of making too many limitations in obtaining the content for what they come here first, we are giving them some freedom and space so they can figure out themself what they want and more importantly what they need. Keep in mind: everyone has to start at some point. No one learns how to crack on they first day he was born.

So what we really focus on is showing those users what they are doing wrong and what they got to do in order to be a part of this community. Sharing is caring. Not a single leaking forum is going to survive long term wise if they lock out potential leechers or new users. And making too many restrictions will only make them quit before they actually realize what this community has to offer.

With that being said I don't think we need to make any changes in the hide plugin. If you wanna make this community better and "leech-free", make sure to report those users that having like 20+ posts without any contributions and the staff team will make sure to handle it accordingly.

Little tip: if you got something that you want to share with the community but don't want any newcomers or leechers of getting it, just create your thread in the premium section. Only members who already know how this community works will have access to it.