Sign in to follow this  
freelo

How do I budget correctly?

:pepo: lemmie know

Have a amount of spending money and saving it

:)

Every time you get money, put ONLY 10% of it into a spending account and the rest into a savings account. Don't pay for stuff you don't need (impulse purchases etc). Make your priorities straight so you know what to spend the most money on. Keep investing into yourself so you can grow.

I usually use only 50% of my income and I try to save the rest

focus on making $$$ and saving $$$ to see how much $$$ you can have., not spending them. That's how wealthy ppl do.

If you impulse buy a lot, put away a very small portion of your income (5-10%) toward a fund only for impulse purchases, think of it as an allowance.

I would recommend you look online for a budget sheet. Excel has one as a default template. Lay out everything as bluntly as you can. This will give you an opportunity to find outliers or identify your most expensive habits.

Take this moment to cut back on spending and instead create a category called savings so you force yourself to save each month. If you allow yourself to do these things you'll start taking control of your finances.

I use YNAB - just give every dollar/pound a job at the start of the moment and make sure you follow your original plan