Sign in to follow this  
Fire

Depression Advice?

Personally been there and done that. I was ready to commit suicide but it didn't happen, couldn't preformed it. So the doctor appointed me to a psychologist and he gave me some pills, anti-depressions and that's pretty much it. I've been taking the pills for over a year now and I don't struggle anymore. Visit a doctor, explain him and they'll help you.

Let me waltz in here with some real advice

See a Therapist or spend your time trying to improve your life, for the longest time I felt completely useless, no motivation to do anything at 300lbs, I then said fuck it and decided if I'm gonna feel like total shit all the time I may as well try doing something productive while I feel shit, so I lost a ton of weight and have been trying to improve things like my appearance, change my outlook on life where possible and just taking on an overall more positive outlook

I still feel like shit and have dark thoughts the majority of the day, but those brief moments of optimism and hope are what push me through and what's what you need to look for, as you make more and more improvements in your life those moments will come more and more frequently

Work on your mental state. Therapy may work for some but I wouldn't count on it. You have to be willing to help yourself, care for your own well being. Read 'Man's Search for Meaning', looking at life through the view of a holocaust victim really makes you appreciate your current situation. We all die, everyone has to deal with shit, it's all about how you go about life. Either shake it off or stress out about it. You can spend you're life contemplating everything wrong or live for the moments when you're happy.