Sign in to follow this  
SIGRU

A reminder for the people using booters, and a message to the people who run them

This should pretty much go without saying but I feel like many people are still negligent to the fact that in the past 3-4 years, law enforcement has taken a keen interest in online "web booter" services. In the past year alone, over a dozen web based DDoS services have been seized by law enforcement and had their databases sifted through by those law enforcement authorities. 

An example of this is the United Kingdom's National Crime Agency, who have conducted arrests and warnings of people found to be using such services. I can also say that the FBI have sent subpoena's to email providers belonging to users of some of those web booter services. 

Like I said, it should go without saying that you should always at least use a VPN when doing anything questionable on the internet, although that isn't always enough. Please also remember that literally everything you do on those services is logged, from registration, to payment, to logins, to attacks. The log keeping of these services is extremely verbose, so be careful.

And to the owners, why all the log keeping? You don't need any of it most of the time and you also assist in putting your users in danger.

I'm not sure if this is in the right section but there is a lot of DDoS talk here so I figured it should fit.