Sign in to follow this  
wiggles

Notre Dame cathedral on fire

Notre Dame cathedral has caught fire, according to the Parisian fire service and eyewitnesses.  :fuck:

Source: The Telegraph

9891a30eea32.jpg

Sad to see a building almost 700 years old damaged like this hopefyully they'll be able to stem the fire quickly and work on restoration.

Media suspect that the cause of the fire could be an accident during renovation work

What do you guys think .... should it be restored using all the money donated or should that money be spent elsewhere ?

If someone pays the money to rebuild the cathedral, it is only for this purpose that the donation should be destined.

I do not know what could have caused this fire, but there is every reason to believe in an acident, negligence, electrical short circuit? In our era of high technology we have not been able to preserve this jewel of Gothic art I think of all these men of the middle ages who have demonstrated their know-how now gone up in smoke, that it is sad.

• Like 1

A building with such heritage and history being destroyed in that way, from what I can assume is only negligence or deliberate vandalism is disgusting.

I hope there will be a result of the investigations.

I believe that the cathedral should be rebuilt in shape and form from before the fire, without any innovations

Any chance they wanted it burned so they can cash in on the insurance money to rebuild it?