Sign in to follow this  
ShadesZollo

What's the best coding language to learn?

I'm not the best at coding; but I know a bit of batch, and html.

Idk what i should actually learn,

any advice? :fyou:

Not the best section to ask this question but lets exclude that.

This is a common question by beginners and the answer is not that simple. There is no best coding language because the answer depends on what you type of programs you want to code really.

Best coding language is not the one that produces the fastest 'code' or the one that does what you want with least complexity but rather the one that's used mostly in that area and the one that fits your background best (some devs for example are still using old languages such as VB6 or Delphi7 and produce software that are STILL bar none the best in their field - example SentryMBA; in-spite of the existence of more modern iterations of these languages as nothing beats out good design/programming practices regardless of language).

Want to do game hacking go with C or C++, want to build cracking software for Windows go for C#/VB.Net, want to build websites go for HTML+JS or Django etc... You're on Linux and want a modern language that does everything really well or are considering a career in programming, go for Java or Python...

If I were to start again, I'd probably start off with Python, move onto a .NET language (Windows) or Java (OS X/Linux) and I'd learn C or modern C++ as it gives you a really good insight on what is happening at a lower level.

In my opinion, start with HTML & PHP!

In my opinion, start with HTML & PHP!

Yeah I can code basic HTML, I don't know any PHP though.

Start with C#, not VB.NET. with C# you can learn other codes like C++, Java etc. I am coding in C# and I love it!

I would suggest python, but maybe it has a lot of more advanced concepts under the hood. To really start coding you should start with lower level languages such as C, to learn the basic way of thinking as a programmer and the main concepts. Then in the future, you should move on something more faster and easier. That's just my personal opinion

I recommend starting from c#, this will lay a good foundation for your future computer language learning. If you already have a certain foundation, I recommend python.

After learning HTML and CSS (including responsive design) move on to JavaScript or PHP.

Python for me.

I also start to learn it before moving to C#.