Sign in to follow this  
XenMaster17

Is it worth buying ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) for £2.99 from my local charity shop?

I wouldn't mind a shot at this, but I really struggled to find how it works with regards to the added content and stuff like that. The disk looks to be old and pre-morrowind, but would it still be included?

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind a shot at this, but I really struggled to find how it works with regards to the added content and stuff like that. The disk looks to be old and pre-morrowind, but would it still be included?

just give me 3 dollars, who cares about charitys, 99% sure theyll slide that shit into their pockets.

Yeah fuck charity shops and their clever cash cows, but if I can get a game I'd like to play for £3 then I'm happy to play along. I just want to know if I'll at least get the morrowind expansion.

If I give you three dollars do I get ESO? That might be the critical difference between you and a charity shop here. I do understand (and hope) that on a forum like this the answer might actually be yes.

I personally hated ESO because it had auto-leveling enemies. Like it never felt like there was an actual challenge that you could work at and overcome. Like you know when youre playing any other RPG and you try a boss and it absolutely rapes you and then you train up and get new gear and go back and destroy it - its a good feeling right?

ESO is constantly that annoying bit where you're just farming semi-tough mobs that you have to think about a tiny bit but not much.

On top of that the combat just felt like slightly janky skyrim (which is already janky af)

Haven't played ESO myself but from what I've heard the game was a shitshow at launch but it's pretty good now if you're into MMO's obviously

3 quid no reason not to unless you're THAT level of cheap

I have currently only 1500 hours in the game, may not seem much but its the only game i play now. Note that this game is real casual for a MMO, but thats why i liked it. I agree that it had a horrid launch 5 years ago ( I was there) and i almost refunded it. Good thing i didn't, if you loved the elder scrolls universe, give it a shot. I would'nt say its the best MMO because there is no such thing.

P.S Eso plus is real turn off at first,you DO NOT need to buy it for the first 100 hours.but afterwards when you got a character to max level, I suggest you should as by then you'll know why.

Cheers

for ~5 yeah. but that game is garbage

I really don't like ESO due to how dull the combat feels (and is), but it's up to you. For 3 bucks you will really at least get a few hours of entertainment and who knows - you might like it. The game has a huge playerbase after all