Sign in to follow this  
haglin

What's your take on the Epic Game Store?

Epic, the developers of Unreal Tournament, the original Gears of War Trilogy and you know, Fortnite, launched a PC digital storefront in December. Their big selling point to developers over why they should choose them over Steam, is that they offer a bigger chunk of the sales revenue. Epic plans on selling all of their future PC releases exclusively on the store. They've also gotten into a bit of a controversy by paying a few other developers to release games only on their store. Notably, Metro Exodus will be exclusive to Epic Games Store for one year. That caused a ruckus because it was available to preorder on Steam for over a year.

So, what's your take on all this? Do you like the idea of more places to buy PC games? Or is it Steam or death? Do you even pay for PC games? lol

Personally I'm a person who likes to remove as much bloatware to keep my PC at optimum so having multiple stores on PC is annoying for me, I am currently using Origin and Steam which i don't like and would much prefer one. So overall i wish that there was one store for all gamers.

If epic games increase their security then I’ll be alright with it. Had to delete my account a few weeks ago as someone kept getting into it.

First, Fortnite take my acc :(

Just deleted my account with them.

Epic, the developers of Unreal Tournament, the original Gears of War Trilogy and you know, Fortnite, launched a PC digital storefront in December. Their big selling point to developers over why they should choose them over Steam, is that they offer a bigger chunk of the sales revenue. Epic plans on selling all of their future PC releases exclusively on the store. They've also gotten into a bit of a controversy by paying a few other developers to release games only on their store. Notably, Metro Exodus will be exclusive to Epic Games Store for one year. That caused a ruckus because it was available to preorder on Steam for over a year.

So, what's your take on all this? Do you like the idea of more places to buy PC games? Or is it Steam or death? Do you even pay for PC games? lol

id rather play on origin :kek:

When I heard about Exodus being exclusive to Epic Games only, I was pissed asf.

I honestly wish for fair competition.

but on the side, fuck epic games. I like steam more.

Dont like most of there games so i dont care too much about them

Bunch of cunts, timed exclusivity has no place on pc gaming.

• Like 1

I personally believe they are selling my data to China which I do not like

I tend to just stick to Steam on my PC, and the only game I'm probably planning on getting on Epic Game is Dauntless but for PS4 as a break from MHW.

Honestly don't mind it too much... Yeah I hate having multiple stores for the games I play but at the same time I don't play that many games on a different variety of stores so opening up every store at once isn't common for me. Plus Epic Games Store gives free games too so thats a plus