GettingRevenge

Why you need to start with C# as your first programming language

[hide]

So i assume that 30% of coders did not start with a good language like C#,because they think that C# is a hard language to learn and go to a simple language like PHP as there starting point,this is one of the biggest mistakes in the coding world,because PHP is a not sensible language,you can write a line full of mistakes but still keep up,which leads to a terrifyingly low-quality code,and this problem WILL spread through all the languages you might learn after,It is a sad fact but still a fact: PHP is a language that tends towards low-quality programming,This type of mistakes is NOT acceptable in other languages such as C#/Python/Java/C++ etc... (i dont say that you should not learn PHP but the truth is that its not a good language to make big projects)

My suggestion :Learning C# IS and WILL STAY the best option to start,This will learn you how to write the perfect code without errors and will ensure that you will write a high-quality,well-build code in C# and in the other languages you might learn after

[/hide]

I already code in C# but still curios about this (damn the 10 posts for SB)

I already code in C# but still curios about this (damn the 10 posts for SB)

i made this only for the newbies who want to start programming

Well, from what i 've read, its pretty much true, altough people specialize in different categories, maybe someone wants to focus on web dev, not application dev, so learning C# first would be just extra work (altough its good because it "teaches" you how to write good, efficient code).

Well, from what i 've read, its pretty much true, altough people specialize in different categories, maybe someone wants to focus on web dev, not application dev, so learning C# first would be just extra work (altough its good because it "teaches" you how to write good, efficient code).

Exactly but starting with a sensitive language as c# will train the programmers to write a well-built code at any language they might learn after

I started with c#, starting with c would be GodTier imo

I started with c#, starting with c would be GodTier imo

i dont recommend to start with C or C++ because there are complex and need a big knowledge

@GettingRevenge

If your just making small junk with copy&pasting, and yes the most of the "programmers" are just copying and pasting from the internet or youtube videos and build that together for an output (Well atleast in such forums not in reality, but yeah it also happens in reality :pepe) . But well i'd recommend you to start with C. Just starting C# will mostly lead you to not know what you really do. You should also understand whats happening in the background and some theory. Just programming is not all. So if you REALLY like to PROGRAM you have to do more then starting with C#.

Also starting with C gives you that advantage to write and understand the syntax faster in C++ and C#. C++ is just the mother (the incrementor of C) and structs are classes, yeah thats all. C++ has just alot more than C and is object oriented. Of course if ur seeing for the first time C and C++ you think like wtf, but the syntax is that much different in C# so..

So, in short words. Start with C -> C++ -> C#, but not copying from the internet really understanding what you doing. :pepo: :pepehappy:

And 1 last tipp if you really like to learn programming DON'T ever start with VB.NET and Python. I've done an almost 3 years 40h/week course. And i would NOT recommend starting with C#. Also code should be written efficiently.

Good luck anyways

A first programming language should be that programming language by which you get to know the building blocks of code distinctly. Learning a procedure-oriented language like C gives you the advantage to think logically and further learn the other languages with ease.

I want this one its good thank you

@GettingRevenge

If your just making small junk with copy&pasting, and yes the most of the "programmers" are just copying and pasting from the internet or youtube videos and build that together for an output (Well atleast in such forums not in reality, but yeah it also happens in reality :pepe) . But well i'd recommend you to start with C. Just starting C# will mostly lead you to not know what you really do. You should also understand whats happening in the background and some theory. Just programming is not all. So if you REALLY like to PROGRAM you have to do more then starting with C#.

Also starting with C gives you that advantage to write and understand the syntax faster in C++ and C#. C++ is just the mother (the incrementor of C) and structs are classes, yeah thats all. C++ has just alot more than C and is object oriented. Of course if ur seeing for the first time C and C++ you think like wtf, but the syntax is that much different in C# so..

So, in short words. Start with C -> C++ -> C#, but not copying from the internet really understanding what you doing. :pepo: :pepehappy:

And 1 last tipp if you really like to learn programming DON'T ever start with VB.NET and Python. I've done an almost 3 years 40h/week course. And i would NOT recommend starting with C#. Also code should be written efficiently.

Good luck anyways

Damn I wanna start coding and I wanted to start with Python. Thanks for the detailed response.

I was also told to start with visual basic. I think I will follow your advice and any site or books you know of that can help will be much appreciated if you have the time.

• Like 1

well where can i start and how different from c++ is it?

nice share you the man

very nice thanks keep sharin

I want this one its good thank you

Thanks for sharing i will definitely try this.

C is a bad choice for a first programming language as it is too complex for beginners maybe java as it is a step down i guess or maybe python if you are a complete beginner.

Personally the way i would learn them are.

1) Python

2) Java

3) C

4) C+ or C# or C++

5) Ruby or any other language

I'm starting to learn programming and was wondering whether to start with C# or Python. Maybe this will help me out.

think python ist the bnest change my mind#

Guest Skryptec

It really depends on what you want to do to be honest, I started out with VB.NET and later on moved onto C#, it was easier for me because I already knew some VB.NET.

Good job for begginers.

:feelsgood: :feelsgood: :feelsgood: :feelsgood: