Sign in to follow this  
bruhtea

Facebook is launching its own cryptocurrency

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/06/18/with-calibra-facebook-launches-cryptocurrency-network/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4e89779b0484

Facebook’s Calibra wallet will use a brand new cryptocurrency, Libra. The cryptocurrency will be governed by the Libra Association – a purpose-built, independent non-profit headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. As of today, the Libra Association has 28 co-founders, including MasterCard, PayPal, Visa, and of course, Facebook.

Eventually, Facebook said, it wants to offer more services for people and businesses, including the ability to easily pay bills, buy a cup of coffee with the scan of a code and use it to ride public transit without the need for cash or a physical pass.

fb is to expand its aggressive collected data hands to crypto. sad.

I can see this going very well in order to recoup losses from having to pay a ~five billion dollars fine. LOL

I'm wondering when this will actually happen though, it's been in the talks for a while now.

Still waiting for this. Are they going to sell the data of their customers again???

Cuz of this news btc have been bearish these day

Definitely a secure and discreet option for crypto ... hahaha

Interested to see how they go about this. I wonder if this will be a flash in the pan type of thing or if it will actually take off