Sign in to follow this  
TimeChangeEverything

What is the most valuable lesson you learned about relationship?

My mother told me something a couple of years ago that should have been pretty obvious.

That you need to invest in relationships - they don’t just grow themselves. And if you do, you will later reap the rewards.

Whether it’s with your spouse, parent, child, and friends, if you’re not prepared to invest in the relationship - through time, effort, the odd gift, being there when they need you - you won’t end up with much of one.

It’s where I see a lot of parents essentially lose their children - they carried out their ‘responsibilities’ really well but never spent quality time with their kids, never tried to just talk and listen to them, never even chatted over a coffee or ice-cream about life - and so when the kids grow up there isn’t enough of a relationship to attract them back.

If you have any valuable lesson please share it then.

When it comes to girl/boyfriends the only advice I can give you is not to put too much energy onto it.

If something doesn't go the way you want you won't feel too disappointed.

I have some advices.

First of all confidence is a thing that you can earn with years and years and destroy just in seconds.

When it comes to boy/girlfriend relationship, you have to give and take, and if you want something serious you must take your time to know that people, remember that what easy come, easy go.

and when it comes to family, enjoy your moments with them, you never know when it will be their last day !

And at the end, remember that life is a bitch so just keep going forward

PD: Sorry for my english :(

I've learned that I never give anyone a second chance again and end the relationship if something bothers my patner about me and I have to change it. The patner should accept me as I am no matter what it is.

I learnt a cheater never changes its spots - if you suspect something there's usually a reason for it.

I have terrible trust issues now.

In any circumstances, you must respect your friends no matter what except they don't respect you back.