Sign in to follow this  
iDevNet

COMMUNITY ALERT: Fake GC Generatos - What Are, How They Work and How They Trick Us

Ok, so, with all these fake generators + checkers that have been coming up even more than used to, I felt in the need to make this thread. Some of you may already know all these, some not. This is just to let you all know and to avoid the more unexperienced ones getting scammed. All bits of code that I write on this thread can't just be copy+pasted in order to make a fake gen, I made that on porpuse to avoid even more people making them (even though they're pretty easy, what just makes everything worse).

First of all, what are Fake GC Generators?

This one is pretty obvious, it's just a simple program that generates a random string (code) and simply inserts "Invalid" next to it, to someone with no experience on this, it may look like they're just getting unlucky with the codes that are being generated. Whoever offers this kind of product usually provides vouch copies to make it look like they're legit, since they know the vouched user will probably rush to leave a review.

How to avoid?

This is specially for people who receive vouch copies for them, do not leave a review until you get a working code and are able to redeem it, if you leave it running for hours and hours and you only get invalid giftcards/codes, it probably is a fake generator.

How do they work?

They simply generate a random code, print it on console and then print "Invalid" next to the code, like this:

string text = "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVZ0123456789123456789";
           Random random = new Random();
           checked
           {
               while (i <= 10)
               {
                   StringBuilder stringBuilder = new StringBuilder();
                   int num = 1;
                   do
                   {
                       int startIndex = random.Next(0, 35);
                       stringBuilder.Append(text.Substring(startIndex, 1));
                       num++;
                   }
                   while (num <= 16);
                   Console.WriteLine(stringBuilder.ToString() + " INVALID");

Basically what it is doing is generate a random character from the "string texto = " line and print it until there are 16, then it prints "Invalid" right next to it

How do they trick us?

Besides offering vouch copies and people not waiting until a successful redeem before leaving a review, some "good" ones also ping the website they claim to gen codes. Confused? In order to check the codes, the legit generators have to send and receive information(/packets) from the website, I've got some people saying it was legit, saying I could just see that it in fact communicates with the website they claim to gen stuff. Well, that's pretty easy to fake to, what they do is use the ping command,which is automated on the program using:

My.Computer.Network.Ping("www.amazon.com", 1000);

This is just something I felt the need to write since I saw no one doing this. To all leechers, no, what I wrote won't work, there's like <20% of te code needed in here so don't even try  :fuck:

Thank you for taking the time to write that. I have so many questions about how lots of these things work just in general and this def answered a few.

Thank you for taking the time to write that.  I have so many questions about how lots of these things work just in general and this def answered a few.

Yeah, until you get some more knowledge stay away from them to avoid getting scammed or just follow every “security check”