Sign in to follow this  
Pestilence

Game Of Thrones - Worst Possible Ending? [SPOILERS]

So I started watching GOT last year and was amazed by the acting from seasons 1-5 when the likes of Charles Dance, Jack Gleeson and Lena Heady played some of the most dominant roles in recent television history.

Season 8 was so hyped up in the past couple of years and I myself predicted it to be one of the greatest endings to a TV Show.. until I heard it was only going to have 6 episodes.

I feel from season 6 everything started to become rushed, with the Faith Militant uprise and White Walkers plot.

But season 8 had to be one of the worst possible ending to a TV show, David Benioff and Dan Weiss truly ruined it with stupid battles and overall decisions.

The White Walkers were hyped up to be practically unstoppable, for the past 8,000 years they took the north bit by bit, then all of a sudden a girl who has a few years of Braavosi training can instantly kill The Night King - who has GREENSIGHT by the way.

It wasn't just the fact The Night King was killed, it was the build up to it. We saw brilliant battles with great tactics such as The Battle of the Bastards, Battle of Winterfell (Stannis), Battle of Blackwater Bay etc... The Battle of Winterfell was truly dissapointing - it had little to no tactics and was plain shit. Half of the cast had plot armour, I expected at least 2 main characters to die, such as Sam, The Hound, Davos or even Jon. But no, let's protect everyone and pretend the white walkers are easy to stop. The only scene that was worth watching was the battle between the dragos (that was awesome by the way).

Then on to the final battle, after seeing Rhaegal being taken by ease with a scorpion you'd have figured a 100 ships could have taken out Drogon in a few seconds with simultaneous shots. Also, how the fuck did Dany not see the Greyjoys? What a stupid comment from Benioff - 'Dany kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet'. That was supposedly their biggest damn threat.

Now onto Kings Landing, the golden company had some awesome theories, they seemed like true warriors, so why didn't we get to see them fight? Why didn't we get to see a proper brawl between The North, Dothraki and Unsullied vs Lannisters and The Golden Company?

And tell me how the fuck there were there those many soldiers left after The Battle of Winterfell? Almost all the Dothraki were wiped after they were stupidly sent charging into an overpowered army.

David and Dan ruined so many potential theories, honestly, the fan theories were 100x better than the final ending. So much for the Hype...

Now both those assholes get to do Star Wars, undeserving.

What did you think about the ending?

• Like 1

The thing I feel is the most anti-climatic was Jon not being killed after what he did.... There's no way in hell that the unsullied would have just taken him prisoner instead of killing him in the spot

Yh I kinda thought someone like Greyworm would have instantly slit his throat after he found out.

Especially after his little moment of anger because of Missandei being killed.