Sign in to follow this  
LeJatta

PayPal Negative Balance Issue. Can anyone offer some insight?

New user here. Before I tell the rest of the story, I just want to say, I did not partake in any scamming or did not rip someone else off by selling something fishy on eBay or anything of the sorts. I do not believe in stealing other peoples money. I unfortunately just got the shitty end of the stick. :(

So basically the sum of the story is, I sold a digital item off of my Selly. It was priced at around $160 USD. The person received the item and started using it because he posted it on his twitter, which I wont reveal due to anonymity reasons. A few days later they disputed the payment and claimed they never received the item and even with multiple examples of proof uploaded from my end during the PayPal dispute, I inevitability still lost the case and I'm out of $160 while the other person on the end has the item they paid for and my account is in negative standing. At this time I don't have the funds to cover the dispute and I really would not like to lose over $300 by losing the item I sold and having to cover the negative balance fee. What will happen if I dont cover this? Will PayPal come after me? Whats the worst case scenario?

A little bit of insight on my account:

- Fake Name on the Account

- Fake primary address but had my real address added as secondary.

- Fake phone number

- Debit card was linked at one point, but later removed before my account was in negative standing.

- Always logged on to the PayPal on my real IP, never thought I needed a diff IP or anything because I never was involved in scamming or anything like that.

Any help is appreciated guys, not sure if this is the right place to post.

:pepe:

never heard of it, maybe you should look @ payal help center :P

never heard of it, maybe you should look @ payal help center :P

Never heard of what?

you will never be able to use the same name/address/phone etc. even bank and card to create another account on paypal

and even if you created one and they accepted it , in near time if they catch you will limit your account again

about the payment since it's not very big deal so paypal won't come after you or anything of this shit so if you scared of police etc.

so no dont worry

Firstly is the digital item illegal like accounts etc :kek:

Next, from my personal experience. I personally call up the hotline and speak to the reps about the situation. If what you are selling is not illegal and that you have proofs of him using, then let the reps know about the problem.

Thats what I always do when dealing with large amounts thats being chargedback

i'm pretty sure nothing will happen to you (legal action). Just make a new account and you're good. (I literally have -700 balance on an acc)