Sign in to follow this  
22blackbirds

complete NEWB asking for help

Where can I download reliable cracking tools, checkers and configs to get started?

I've tried several times from this site (and a couple others) and my browser tells me it's dangerous.  

I wanna take the plunge but really don't want to screw up my computer. It's literally my lifeline to the outside world.

Are there links that for sure aren't malware or trojans, etc. on this site or elsewhere?

Thanks in advance :pepe:

if the tool is downloaded multiple times already, and the creator have good feedbacks don't worry, you can download it and mark as reliable on your antivirus. You can also use Sandboxie to open a new istance on your pc to total safetyness

A decent amount of the time most checkers are obfuscated, this is done to prevent analysis of the code from other users/security teams. As long as the user has some decent rep and comments are positive about the tool, it should then be safe to download. You can use sites like virustotal to compare what certain antiviruses say about a file, most will actually tell you that its a hacking tool "HACK-TOOL", using sandboxie doesn't hurt either.

I'd look into OpenBullet, its an open source checker, you can download configs from here too. Its your safest bet!