Sign in to follow this  
TimeChangeEverything

What is the best way to tell when someone is lying?

How to caught someone lying?

Over the internet its impossible, but in person its pretty easy, either look into their eyes or just see if they start breathing faster or heavier.

The best way is not to tell him

When I lie, I put the top of my thumb (nail) in my mouth and chew. I don't know about anyone else, but maybe someone else does. 

I think the way they speak, confront you, act, etc.

Looking away when you try to establish eye contact

%90 percent people looking left side when the lie to you.

Look the person in the eye. If they try to avoid at any point of time. That is when they just lied or are going to lie.

Threaten them with a good time Kappa

One lie generally leads to another, to another etc. and people end up changing the whole story so you just have to keep the big picture in mind.

Look the person in the eye. If they try to avoid at any point of time. That is when they just lied or are going to lie.

Avoiding eye contact is not always indicative of a liar or someone who is going to/has lied, although it can be sign. In fact, looking away from someone's eyes can also indicate whether they're attempting to recall information as opposed to trying to create a lie in their mind.

Various signs of lying (although not exclusive to it) include but not limited to:

• Swallowing, dry throat
  • An increase in breaths per minute
  • An increase in heart beats per minute, if it's beating fast, it might be visible on their clothing
  • Using thumbs to rub various parts of their hands, usually an indication of discomfort and trying to comfort oneself
  • A heated exchange or an extreme worry of being caught may lead to visible sweat

There are quite a lot more and like I said, these signs are not always indication of lying and it is up to you to decide what they mean. 

Also a reminder to be responsible with your conclusions, sometimes people have a good reason to lie - don't always feel the need to call them out on it.

If they are too exaggerated with what they are lying about.

IRL, if someone isn't maintaining eye contact, that's a heavy giveaway, also look if they start twitching or breathing heavily.

If someone touches their nose particularly. Avoiding gazes, talking fast etc.