Sign in to follow this  
Perileos

The ten thousand (Perileos feedback and C.TO story)

[video=youtube]

I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting growth to be this exponentiation, but holy shit, it went fast as fuck. 

@Florain and me got talking in January/February in 2018 and I told him about the forum I used to own (crackingseal) and how it was stolen and then basically died. Flo kept trying to motivate me to make another forum but I wasn't truly feeling it. Until one point I convinced Flo to make a forum and I would help him, so we did. We started Cracked.to together, which we started to develop in early March 2018. We had our struggles, from themes, to spaghetti code, to people threatening and ddossing and so on. We kept our chins up and continued to work on C.TO and I must admit that I did not put my 100% effort in, mainly because I wasn't still believing in it. I think that cracking is a shady business and that mainly held me back from making another forum and putting my 100% effort in. So Flo did around 65% of the work, whilst I did the remainder. We had several people work on themes, such as @Aoki and @Skryptec - which I'm both grateful of. Sadly Aoki's theme wasn't the thing we were hoping for but still appreciate his time spent on trying to make our forum a bit better. Skryptec's theme is a work of art and we're still using it and hopefully if Flo decides ever to get another theme, I hope he'll get it from Skryptec. Before our launch, we had around the 100 members. After the launch on the third of april 2018, we climbed by 200 members. People choose our forum over their main forum, mainly because they were mistreated on other sites, they felt to be more welcome at C.TO. 

Flo and me agreed that we wanted to provide a quality site, with the minimal amount of leechers. Leechers are healthy but they should be to some quality we told ourselves. And it's been a success. Unlike other websites which require an application system (such as CS, crackingseal did), we were going to do what we could to convert the leechers to quality members. You can see this ideology still around on the forum, such as the auth, the warnings for leechings and so on. Look at the stats, it's clearly working. Within 3 and a half month we gained 10 000 members which is insane for a start up. And hopefully more to come. 

I somewhere along the project dropped out, because Flo wasn't sure about my abilities to be an administrator. Which I fully understand and agree with his decision, my behaviour wasn't the best as an admin. I think this came from the fact that I didn't truly believe in the project and I was very skeptical about it as well. Luckily Flo and me are still to this day good friends and I wish for it to continue like this. 

I have full confidence in @Florain and @Royals to make this a success.

:pepe:  Love the story

Guest Skryptec

Thank you for mentioning me. It is very nice to work with @floraiN to be honest when it comes to ideas and design. I remember that I had literally no portfolio so I couldn't show any work at all but you guys still believed in me and this is basically how it turned out.

Is there any way I could see that theme Aoki made, though?

Thank you for mentioning me. It is very nice to work with @floraiN to be honest when it comes to ideas and design. I remember that I had literally no portfolio so I couldn't show any work at all but you guys still believed in me and this is basically how it turned out.

I got very old screenshots. He ripped Flo's old forum and basically made it 1.8.* usable and charged waaaay too much money for what we could've done ourselves.

But here's a screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/oqPvroi.png

Guest Skryptec

I got very old screenshots. He ripped Flo's old forum and basically made it 1.8.* usable and charged waaaay too much money for what we could've done ourselves.

I am not feeling that theme at all. I can see why you didn't buy it.

I am not feeling that theme at all. I can see why you didn't buy it.

Uhhh. I'm not sure if we did ended up paying for it, have to ask Flo for it.

I love your guys effort and doing this hard work had a beautiful result! The thing is that if you want to start something just don't give up on doing that thing , it will get better everyday! Thanks to the hard working and motivated people this forum is getting better and better everyday! I love Cracked.to ! Not just because of the design and the content , because the great people in here . You guys made a good work and I am happy that you have made this forum. We are going to be a great big community and we are going to always reach our goals! Don't give up on something that you started! Just don't lose hope and that's all what it matters . I am happy to log in everyday on this forum , I feel how the friendly community is welcoming everybody to join ( except trash people and leechers) I love you guys , keep the hard work going and the site will reach more members every day!

@Perileos Can we just kiss and make up and perhaps you not continue to poke at me? Also stop talking German in the shoutbox you melon. Happy 10k and heres to 20k. Your confidence isn't misplaced, we will continue to make Cracked a success.

@Perileos Can we just kiss and make up and perhaps you not continue to poke at me? Also stop talking German in the shoutbox you melon. Happy 10k and heres to 20k. Your confidence isn't misplaced, we will continue to make Cracked a success.

My pokes only came from you poking me.  :thinking:

Then this is our formal agreement to stop poking. It doesn't send a good sign when we fight openly in the shoutbox, lets cut it out for the good of Cracked.

We good?

Then this is our formal agreement to stop poking. It doesn't send a good sign when we fight openly in the shoutbox, lets cut it out for the good of Cracked.

We good?

We good.

We good?

We good?

We good.

I bet you guys will be fighting this week again :kek:

Perhaps next week we would be a homosexual couple.  :monkas:

We good?

We good.

I bet you guys will be fighting this week again :kek:

Perhaps next week we would be a homosexual couple.  :monkas:

I identify as an android from the year 2274. We can be a bi-mechanical couple only.