SE'ed an i7 4790k, here how I did it, don't leech and help to become contributor  :hype: 

[hide]1) search for a photo of a CPU where all the numbers on the top are visible

2) start a support ticket on Intel site

3) as informations 'bout your case type that the CPU does not work at all (postcode 00) and as troubleshoot say as many thing as possible, that's what I wrote:

I checked power cords and that other components were plugged, I tested my mobo with another CPU and it worked, I took a closer look to socket pins to see if they were bent/broken, I checked that my PSU was powerful enough for the new component and also I made sure that any of the contacts below the CPU were covered by thermal paste.

4) wait, they should reply within a business day

5) they will approve the request but they'll say that you need to send the broken one back, send them a fake document from a rubbish dump (I found one for Italy, you only needs some basic photoshop skills) where there must be written that you recycled your item: if you will be lucky enough you will have a brand new CPU!  :ezy: 

I tried that on a old model since I have a mobo with 1150 socket but it will work even with pricey CPU, just be nice; luck required.

[/hide]

Lemme see this! nice one bro

EDIT : decent method, should work