Sign in to follow this  
Esoteric

HTML, C++, or Python?

Which out of the 3 in the title do you guys think will be the most useful in the future overall? And which do you think will be bad and why? Just wondering

c++ overall. html is easy you can learn that by the way its useful if you want to create a website but its very easy so you dont need to think about that :D

Python is for beginner good because it is easy to write but if you learned C++ its easier to learn other languages too because they have a similar syntax to C++.

But it is also important what programs you want to write for example if you have fun programming web servers then i would pick ruby or if you want to create a client side application i would start with javascript and no one of these are bad some are just harder to learn.

I started with C and im doing the basic things now at the moment im doing arrays when im "experienced" in C i want to start with C++.

Should I just start with learning C++ or is there a different one I should start with that leads into C++ well?

HTML is literally only a standard to format data. Nothing else. Can you guys please stop being braindead and do some research? Just because the acronym has language in it, doesn't mean it's a language by any means.

Anyway, aside from that, your end goal is what will make or break your decision. Are you looking to go into game dev or just general software engineering? C++, then, since you'l learn lots more about compsci in general. Are you good at working with data or quickly throwing together prototypes, or maybe you're good at math and want to do data analysis (or big calculations like General Lambert's Problem?) Then Python is what you're going to want to learn.

If you want any elaboration on this stuff, then feel free to ask. But for the love of god, google shit first.

This is my research, thank you for the reply. @Lain

Python. Because it is easy to use and is very versatile. c++ is very powerful but it is much harder to learn. HTML honestly and technically is not a programming language. You can read more about that here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/145176/is-html-considered-a-programming-language. Python also has a very large community that is ready to help and also has a lot of documentation (trust me if you get stuck just go through it. you can thank me later). Also python has many more libraries. So yeah. I prefer python even though i have spent more time in c++.

C#, I code in C# and it is the easiest/best one out there. If you understand C#, you understand other languages more quickly.

What do you guys think would be a good prequel to C++? Something slightly easier to pick up, but something that leads into C++ well?

You're comparing a web structure language to coding languages? If you're asking what would be more useful to learn. I'd tell you C++, Python is great in all but I believe C++ has the greatest future. HTML is useless nowadays, sites like Wix remove the need for HTML and it's very easy to learn. The technology we make uses our lives easier and with that websites are necessary for most businesses, therefore, companies cash in on that fact by selling you tools that make your life much easier. If you wanna make your own website HTML and CSS are cool to know (I know both of them) but really in the long run (from personal experience) you should pick something more useful.

EDIT: And also python cares about indenting and that type of shit. I don't have time to worry about that stuff. My HTML is as sloppy as I want it to be, as long as it functions and I can understand it idgaf.