Maximus

Hit 'Like' to see hidden content?

As my thread title suggests, I feel the users who are presently replying to a thread in order to see the hidden content are merely typing 'Thanks' or sometimes 'Thanksssssssssssss' if not yet but might in coming time.

So I was suggesting that they click on Like button instead so that the hard work of a cracker gets appreciated with it and users must have a limit of say hitting 3 likes per day to see 3 hidden contents.

Or maybe they can use the credit system which we have.

Also to have a better control over the quality of contents posted by user (leechers), I would suggest to see the feasibility of post moderation prior to approval in accounts section to see if the accounts are working at all. Not sure if this could be done but I was just being too enthusiastic.

We will discuss more....

I think the reason they dont wanna do that is because of increased possibility of likeboostimg ? Just a personal thought

I think the reason they dont wanna do that is because of increased possibility of likeboostimg ? Just a personal thought

Yes, I realized this part and that is the reason why I also mentioned that to check the possibility of putting a 'Like' threshold and above all, to implement post moderation system prior to they are visible to all users to see if the accounts or links are at all active in order for the poster to get a like.

Thanks for your suggestion, but personally I think it'd make things more difficult.

• We can't check for leechers, people just like what they see (only 3x a day though). 
  • It will decrease our posting statistics. 
  • People won't see if a thread has any value or is popular if they're looking in a section.

I understand it's easier and you'd like to receive likes, but it'd make it very difficult for the staff team to keep the site clean. 

We allow people to ask for likes in threads with a hide tag. But keep it to contributions only. If we see you have a hide tag with no valuable content and you're asking for likes, you can be warned.

Lmao then awards for likes / contri etc / would be useless

As Teken & Jeff have said, doing this would artificially increase the amount of likes a person would have. Their meaning would become useless. Because of this I'm going to decline your suggestion as it doesn't work with our forum dynamic.

Thank you @RapidUploads for your suggestion, feel free to post any others you may have.

• Like 1