floraiN

Change for the Reputation System

Dear members,

I received some feedback regarding our reputation system, which made me having a deeper look in our current reputation economy. I noticed that people are giving away +7 reputations like tic tacs, which was never the intention of reputations. So reaching 300 or even 400 reputations doesn't mean anything if you are just randomly throwing reputations out because you don't have any limits.

I made the following changes to make reputations more valueable and meaningful.

• Reduced the max +/- reputation for Supreme Members from 7 to 6
  • Recuded the max +/- reputation for Infinity Members from 5 to 4
  • Reduced the max +/- reputation for custom groups to 7
  • Reduced the max amount of new reputations per day to 1 for ALL groups
  • Increased the max +/- reputation for registered Members from 0 to 1

Allowing registered members giving positive or negative reputations as well gives the whole system a new dynamic. Every user should have a voice, even those with the default and first rank.

Best regards,

Cracked.to

Quick update: I was using a query to delete all given reputations by Supreme Members and Custom Usergroups.

Feel free to add your reputation to your favorite members back with the new limits!

Little Update:

I imported a backup for all reputations before the change. Instead of deleting all given reputations by supreme, infinity and custom groups, I devided them by 2.

Example: If you have received a reputation in the past by a supreme member with +7, they are now changed to +3.

The same goes for reputations given by Infinity and custom groups, also for negative reputations.

This ensures you keep what you have grinded for but they have less value as we still had to fix the reputation economy. Your friends are welcome to update your reputation with the new defined limits at any time.

All new limits stay as they have been announced. You can find them here.