Sign in to follow this  
SocialButterfly

I don't feel very good ethically.

I was using an origin account, And the person logged in while I was playing and then changed the password.

His email password was the same as his origin account, no other verifications for email.

It then kind of struck me, I was feeling bad, its not very ethical, so I just left. :pepe:

I would use peoples accounts to play, because it does not harm them. 

but taking over their accounts is too much, and a a lot of people put the password to their email the same as their origin accounts,

ofc I know there is a lot of sketchy shit we do, but to what extent? 

Please share with me how you keep your conscience clean? do you not feel bad sometimes? 

I'm just interested

It sounds dick-ish but if you have a non-secure password and you use the same password everywhere you deserve to get hijacked in order to learn how to properly secure your accounts. Maybe they will learn and once they do they can contact support and prove that the account was theirs.

I felt bad once, but then decided that if I was doing it to them, they was probably doing it to someone else, if not then I bet they would given the chance. I have no sympathy for people who keep their passwords the same. Maybe I'm just mean.

It sounds dick-ish but if you have a non-secure password and you use the same password everywhere you deserve to get hijacked in order to learn how to properly secure your accounts. Maybe they will learn and once they do they can contact support and prove that the account was theirs.

This is precisely the same logic psychopaths use to manipulate people.

"Well, I guess I can destroy their lives because they deserve to be taken advantage of because they're so naive. They'll learn next time not to be so naive of course - they deserve it, so let's just wreck their lives anyway."

You're clearly not doing it to the same extent, but the logic applies.

This is precisely the same logic psychopaths use to manipulate people.

"Well, I guess I can destroy their lives because they deserve to be taken advantage of because they're so naive. They'll learn next time not to be so naive of course - they deserve it, so let's just wreck their lives anyway."

You're clearly not doing it to the same extent, but the logic applies.

I understand where you are coming from. Personally, due to morals, I would never do anything to bankrupt or put someone in a bad position unless they deserve it. I doubt that getting someone's account will cause them distress especially if it's something meaningless than spotify but there are people who are definitely like that.