Sign in to follow this  
Zoom

Skullcandy SE Method

:fiesta:

[hide]

[align=center]How to SE Skullcandy-Very detailed!

Before I you go on for the love of God, don't do this 90 thousand times..You don't need that many it will just get saturated.

Second:WAIT UNTIL MONDAY! If 30 people all send them problems do you think that is going to look funny? Yes.

I will try to put this as simply as I can. This will take a lot of waiting, I swear they only have a 90 year old woman working the support department, but its not like it requires much effort so have fun getting free sh!t.

1)Go to Skullcandy.com

2)Go to shop

3)Find some nice headphones. For the purpose of this TuT I am going to do the G.I. Shoe White. (http://ca.skullcandy...shoe-white.html)

4)Admire your choice. Feel free to ooohh and awe.

5)Your choices are:Call them!(Live Support: (435) 615-7691 or (888) MY-SKULL (697-5855)-Mon-Fri from 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM, MST) If you are doing a call in feel free to skip ahead into this guide. Go to step: 10

5a)Email them! If using this method continue on!

6)Go to this page(http://ca.skullcandy...ma/pages/create

If you have an account then good you are already ahead of the game, If you do not then create one.

7)After loggin in you will be taken to a page where it asks you to fill in your information. Fill it in, use a drop if you wish but I see no point to it.

8)Click Proceed to next step.

9)Now you will be looking at a page where you have to select the product that broke. Now remember the headphones you chose back in step 3.

I chose the GI's so I choose OverEars>G.I>G.I. Shoe White.

Now it asks where you purchased them. This is your choice, I chose Local Skate/Surf/Snow Shop but you can choose any on the drop down box.

****IMPORTANT**** For the date make SURE you pick a date REALATIVLY CLOSE to the date it is when filing the complaint.

I chose 17 days earlier.

Click Proceed to step 3.

Click Manufacturer Defect(To get a free new one) Or if you wish to pay money but make your life easier choose Aggressive Enjoyment.

I chose Manufacturer Defect.

Now it asks to choose a problem. Here you make the choice, what is wrong with your headphones? Remember you have to explain what ever option you choose.

I chose Poor sound,both ears.

10)Now Describe the problem. This is where you make up your Story. Heres an example of what I said for my problem.

Salutations! I purchased these GI's at a shop here in town because a friend recomended them. I've been using them for about 3 weeks now but I noticed the sound was very low and I always needed to have my volume near max for it to be to my satisfaction. A few days ago my friend was over and he had his headphones, the same ones I have as he recommended them to me. I ended up plugging them in to my iPod and put on a song. After having mine in and the volume jacked right up his headphones were super loud. I had to turn my iPod down to about half for it to just be the same volume as mine on max. I tried to return them to the store but they just told me to contact you as there is the limited lifetime warrenty.

On the next page you will recieve info on where to ship and an RMA#, save this number.

Phone people here you can skip ahead to the alternative method.

11)Now we wait. I waited 2 weeks and sent an email asking how my headphones were doing. I got a reply a couple days later saying they had not recieved them yet. I waited one more week and they said they hadn't recieved them yet but it should take 30 days for all the proccessing and stuff. After one more week I sent them an email saying this:

Hello there! I sent my GI Shoe whites to you after going through the warranty process but haven’t heard back from you guys. It’s been over a month now and it told me 3-4 weeks. What gives where are my headphones? RMA number --------

They never replied.

I waited another week, and sent this email.

Hello,

My issue was not solved, however I have recently bought some Sony headphones that I felt would last me and have better customer support should they fail. I would like to say that I am very disappointed in Skullcandy as they were my favorite company to get headphones from. I am still upset about the amount of money that went into my GI's and I have made it a point to direct anyone else I know away from Skullcandy products as they have horrible customer support. Once again, I am thoroughly disappointed in your lack of support.

Best Regards,

Mitch

-Edited Verson of Jimi Hendrix's email to Sennheiser-

Thanks to vPikachu for reminding me lol

They replied 3 days later saying they were very sorry for the wait and that my headphones were on the way.

*****Alternative method for calling in******

Here you call in and tell them why you cannot ship your headphones in.

Come up with a good reason!

For example, I told the rep on the line this:

I am afraid I cannot send my headphones in, You see they are still somewhat useable, I use them to do sound editing on my computer. I do sound editing proffesionally and there is no other way to do it properly without headphones as I dont have any speakers for my computer.

I kept telling her I couln't send them in and eventually she told me that she would send me the headphones!

Now I suppose this could also be used for the Email method however I haven't tried it so therefor I will not go into depth.

***Also there support email is: To customerservice@SkullCandy.com[/align]

[/hide]

• Like 1

$15 earbuds btw. too expesive

agreed. but if you get em for free nothing is too expensive.

Free . I will be leaving a fap

thanks, i really need some headphones

interested in this method

update?? still works?

Dam thats crazy i can get 150 dollar headphones for free

looking like the same method i've known

Wanna try skull candy lets see the tutorial

I know someone who would love a pair of these!! Thanks for the method

unlocking this, vouch