Sign in to follow this  
Perileos

Are you preparing for FIRE?

Hi.

I'm curious if any of you are preparing for FIRE? I'm working hard on it and saving quite some money (over $500 to $600 a month).

For those who don't know what FIRE is: 

"FIRE is finance and philosophy. FIRE (short for Financial Independence, Retire Early) is served in many flavors, all of which are based on core ingredients listed on Reddit's financial independence sub-reddit."

Clearly no one is prepping. Shame!

Hi.

I'm curious if any of you are preparing for FIRE? I'm working hard on it and saving quite some money (over $500 to $600 a month).

For those who don't know what FIRE is: 

"FIRE is finance and philosophy. FIRE (short for Financial Independence, Retire Early) is served in many flavors, all of which are based on core ingredients listed on Reddit's financial independence sub-reddit."

I save 500 a month  :kek:

:kappa: :kappa: :kek: Hm scam

It's too early for me to do such preparations but when I'll hit my 20's i'll probabbly start preparing aswell.

I have been following some of the "teachings" of FIRE, but as I turned 30 I started having my doubts.

I save >80% of what I earn, and I earn > $10k/month, but I'm starting to feel a bit unfulfilled. Especially when I see that my "energy drivers" are being with family and friends, and by focusing on maximising salary and career, it means I have to work far from home and be away from family and friends.

When I was in my 20's this was not a concern at all, but as people grow older and families expand, it starts to become a bit more questionable if this is the right focus.

So do really think about what gives you energy in your life before you go to this extreme.

Still waiting to make enough to prepare for fire.

I hope you're planning on putting all of these "savings" on assets. You can't obtain financial independence if all your chasing is wage check after wage check. Venture out and hedge invest if you're feeling adventurous. Once you have multiple streams of income which make you money as you sleep, you can claim financial independence. At this level you can scale out your wealth, seek further investments , grow as a person.

I am financially independent, not sure bout the retiring early part. ASK ME ANYTHING  :fiesta: :fiesta:

jcB55tE.png

I am financially independent, not sure bout the retiring early part. ASK ME ANYTHING  :fiesta: :fiesta:

jcB55tE.png

Congrats! What's your main source of income? And what's your age?

jcB55tE.png

Congrats! What's your main source of income? And what's your age?

It used to be developing software at startups, early 30's. Nowadays, investment returns. I did try real estate for about 2 years before I found out that I was too much of a micromanager.