Mods should add a cap, you need to have a certain amount of likes or be here a certain time to post links.

That way adlinks can be somewhat less of an epidemic here.

x

<3

But how will people get likes... Also this would pretty much end up in everyone spamming.

But how will people get likes... Also this would pretty much end up in everyone spamming.

Seemed like a good idea in theory, or some way to detect shit with adlinks like raidforums has.

That would be problematic.

Cause there is patr.io and sites that are posted as links so, this can't be done properly.

He posted the thread about this here so i am just coming up with the suggestion instead of making a new thread

A new system to prevent people from posting ad/cash links and other fake stuff :

my suggestion is here :

So Basically what people must have in order to Post a thread is :

at least 10 hour Online time Spent or so on the forum before posting a thread but not for replying, they can reply but not make a thread till they have some time here if that makes sense.

Alternative is that the person can only make a thread 1 time till he has at least 10 hours online time or so here.

That would clear up the spam with fake links and so because new users spam with ad/cash links at least with 6 threads.

That would be problematic.

Cause there is patr.io and sites that are posted as links so, this can't be done properly.

Not this exactly, i just felt like this idea in general if tweaked a bit could be great, dont know

He posted the thread about this here so i am just coming up with the suggestion instead of making a new thread

A new system to prevent people from posting ad/cash links and other fake stuff :

my suggestion is here :

at least 10 hour Online time Spent or so on the forum before posting a thread but not for replying, they can reply but not make a thread till they have some time here if that makes sense.

Alternative is that the person can only make a thread 1 time till he has at least 10 hours online time or so here.

That would clear up the spam with fake links and so because new users spam with ad/cash links at least with 6 threads.

So let leechers reply, but not create threads.

My suggestion is to blacklist all adlinks/cashlinks, there arent that much, but when you post cashlink you got directly warning 4-5+ points, and if you repeat you got banned.

my suggestion is here :

So let leechers reply, but not create threads.

My suggestion is to blacklist all adlinks/cashlinks, there arent that much, but when you post cashlink you got directly warning 4-5+ points, and if you repeat you got banned.

I actually made that suggestion before but it is impossible to black list all adlinks cause there are 100's

This is a vast problem we're looking on tackling soon. The issue lies in that there are hundreds of ways to avoid a blacklist, such as finding new services or utilizing one of the thousands of url shorteners available. Detecting these are not easy, and there is no real easy way of working around it. I have some ideas in place but they are still very raw and theoretical.

I will be taking suggestions from this thread, so if you think your idea is worthwhile, please post it here! I'll be stay up to date on this thread.

Cheers

This is a vast problem we're looking on tackling soon. The issue lies in that there are hundreds of ways to avoid a blacklist, such as finding new services or utilizing one of the thousands of url shorteners available. Detecting these are not easy, and there is no real easy way of working around it. I have some ideas in place but they are still very raw and theoretical.

I will be taking suggestions from this thread, so if you think your idea is worthwhile, please post it here! I'll be stay up to date on this thread.

Cheers

thank you men best staff I fucking hate cash links

Cheers

that was nice <3

I like the Minimum online time idea - will help against the bots i guess

Next also you can introduce minimum posting time between threads for new plebs (not for upgraded or plebs having certain number of threads like 30+),

that is 2-5 min consecutive threads by a newly joined pleb - will help in curbing adlink posters and bots

I can speak on behalf of pastr.io that we are currently working on a pastr.io cashlink backlist. This would prevent people from submitting cashlink URLs in pastr and then using those pastr links here in the forum.

This will reduce the amount of cashlinks on the forum but it'll be hard to find and catch every single cashlink website. But yes, this is an issue that we want to address.